Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Land Rover Toys




When we were in South Africa in May 2007, we found this Land Rover made out of aerosol cans. Our favorite feature on it is the tailgate, which features the brand name of a local insecticide: DOOM!


Last year, around the time that we started the 109 project, I found this cool wooden model on Craigslist in Dallas. It had been sitting outside for who knows how long so the top was faded and dirty plus there were spider webs and mud dawber nests in it. I decided not to repaint it but I did take it apart for a good cleaning. I installed new plug wires, new battery terminals, a new front bumper and made a new soft top for about $2 in materials from a local fabric store. I also re-upholstered the seats and made the transmission and transfer case shift levers. Now it sits inside, near the fireplace!




No comments:

Post a Comment